50hr Yoga Teacher Training
25 - 29 September
Learn how to facilitate the breadth and depth of this rewarding modality with the confidence, care and passion it deserves.
Dive into 50 hours of specialty training with Adele Kinghan and leave with extensive knowledge and tools to support and empower physical, mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing in one of the biggest transitions of a woman’s life. It begins from the moment she opens the doorway to conception, through to the fourth trimester and into her new world of mother and woman.
This training also recognises that some women do not get to fulfil their motherly desires and supports the grieving & integration process from fertility loss, to birth trauma & loss, loss of bodily function and awareness, and for some, a loss of identify and sense of self.
The course curriculum includes:
- Asana, pranayama, meditation & visualisation techniques for each stage in the transition cycle
- Tantrik philosophy & spiritual care for each stage
- Physiology of birth & how to support an empowering birth experience, including the role of cultural conditioning, hormones, optimal foetal positioning, and environmental considerations
- Sequencing principles & poses for both dynamic and restorative applications in both pre & post natal yoga applications, as well as templates for modified Surya & Chandra namaskars
- Embodied anatomy (both mother & baby) and somatic movement principles (including spiralling and opening the birthing vortex)
- Review and assessment of pre & post natal complications and the importance of the pelvic floor in relation to the diaphragms of the body, birthing and post-birth care
- Emotional care in the fourth trimester and how to empower women to execute their post-birth support plan
- Trauma informed techniques to hold space for women who experience birth trauma, and nourishing time spent processing your own birth transitions and mother-stories
Who is this training for?
Yoga teachers who have already completed a foundational training or those currently working in women’s health. It particularly speaks to those who have a desire to support women in a multitude of settings, including private sessions, community environments, clinical applications, and in studio-based pre & post natal classes. This training is unique in that it will enable you to confidently support vulnerable women, particularly those who have experienced pregnancy loss or birth trauma.
Investment: $1,300, limited places available.
Course manuals, audio visualisations and post-training mentorship included.